Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Girls in Action



When we ready to take a picture together everybody ask,"where is Evi?" And I said: I am here-lost among the kids ...ha ha ha ha."

In Winton Baptist Church (I think all of the Southern Baptist Church), they have sunday school class and one of them is GA (Girls in action) class from Grade 1-7. On March 28, 2008 they invite me to come to the Association office to speak about Indonesia. It was exciting time, beside talking about Indonesia, I serve Indonesian food, that were: Satay (Chicken kebab ala Indonesia), Rujak (Fruit with peanut Dip), Sweet potato balls (but it was not round but taste okay...according adult people ha ha...ha...ha...

As I said in my link...you can see my link by clicking #7-the title kid'sm, forst I was worried that nobody understand what I said especially kids. But thank goodness, they were understand, in fact...
they give me a lot of questions, such as: Do you have turkey hunt? answer:Nope! or Do you wear clothes like we do? answer:Yes or Do the kids there play the computer game like we do? answer: Yes and many more. They were very exciting and so do I! I said that I don't like sport that's why I just have this height and also I love playing with the boy ... I said, I am a superhero girl. I did that not in a bad reason, I did it to help weak girl from the bully.

Oh yes, I told them I didn't play with doll that much when I was kid and also I told them that I cut my mom's collection of small pretty dools (six of them) which had pretty long hair into the model I like. I don't remember now, how my mom reaction exactly when she found out on that time. Anyway when I look at that dolls now...some of them look good, hey I am good as a little girl.

Okay back to the GA's. I like the enthusiasm from them. And I can't believe it that they paid attention what I was said. I thought in that age they will bussy with themselves. Not happened at all, they listened what I had said. I enjoyed it!

Once again thank you for this opportunity, Winton Baptist Church!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a question! haha.. Did they think we're still in a jungle?
Anyway..it always good for us to stay keep in touch with kids. So many funny and lots of laughter we would get.

May 13, 2008 at 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gues that what they thought... :(

But not anymore (I hope).You're right kids mean fun, I like the moment with them.

May 14, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home