Thursday, May 8, 2008

.... FRIENDSHIP ....


This word means a lot to everybody's life. Since I am here, I realized that friends are worth than your own family. Because they are closer (place) than your relatives or family. But it is not always easy to make a friend with somebody. You have to have lots of understanding, patient, caring and loving. If not, it won't work.

I had lots of friends even from kindergarden in Indonesia and from all over the world also before I come here. I like that and lately my mom said my friend from High School called me and it surprised me that they still have my home-phone number(It had been thousands years ago...)?! It is really cool that they are still remember me. I am not trying to show-off but I am pretty popular amongs my friends. I was very active when I was in a "young-life"...

Right now, I don't know anymore how to keep friends in this country-all I concerned about is what I am going to say without hurting someone's feelings or how I behave so I will not insulting somebody-because of the difference of culture. I just hope that what I have said or done not making people get hurt or insult....I do hope!

My friends in Indonesia told me before I come here that I have to prepare myself about individuality atmosphere in USA. On that time I didn't listen, hey nobody can't live by themselves! Human is a social creature and people has to have attention to their environment and community. They said: "It's up to you Evi, I just don't want you to get hurt."

I don't know that theory is right or wrong but here I am now, hurt, sad, sometimes lonely, feel abandoned...my mom told me, don't make those situation hold you to get success, you have friends. Probably it differences now, they don't call you just to talk to you like you were here(and that is true, when I was in Indo-I even let my mom or aunt to pick up the phone and telling them that I am not at home or I turned my cell-phone off, because my friends keep calling me just want to talk or ask me to go with them..uuuugghh-now I missed that!). "Probably the problem is not coming from what you've said or done but language." She added:"Face it and do not complain. Once again don't be bothered with your new condition. Keep making friends no matter what they will react just show your affection. And also don't be so sensitive and be tough!Move along and don't look back!"

Heeghhhh...! Can I survive? Can I keep my friends like I used to be? Can I? Can I?

So, what the friends are for you?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, friendship is like keeping the plants you loved. Need watering and should taking care by you.

Don't ever give up in finding good friend there, ok!
You'll find at your right time and at your right place. It happened to me most of the time.

May 13, 2008 at 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I try my best shoot!

May 14, 2008 at 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi..my name is Feby..i live in Norfolk VA,it's about an hour or so from where u live.
i accidentally found u from google, coz i was looking for a new place and am also looking for indonesian people around.we don't have that many of them here in Norfolk.
but anyway,i'd like to be ur friend.we may share our experience.i have a 19 months old son.my marriage isn't as a great as other people.so we decided to go separate ways...
i'm 25 years old...

here's my email address:myspeedlimit_is75@yahoo.com
i'd like to hear back from u :)

November 10, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home