Monday, May 19, 2008

Flooding in Jakarta, February 7, 2007

I got the picture from my friend in MP when big flood hit Jakarta. This place is near our street its about 3 miles from my house.

Yes...Jakarta got attack by flooding. My mom’s work place got hit until 4 feet height. She didn't go to work for a week. All the machines and documents were damage.

My aunt's house got until her roof. And she has 2 stories so it is about 10-12 feet…! Fortunately, my house was safe because we are in the higher ground (thank God) but still we can't go anywhere because the road is almost like in this picture everywhere.

I hope the government can solve this problem real quick so no “flooding-season” anymore in my beloved city.

Check this out...




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, maybe the next 5 years our old homes will get flood too..
I can't imagine how bad the Jakarta's water drainage system.

May 21, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home